How You Can Help the Families Who Have Been Forcibly Separated at Our Southern Border
Recently, I have been contacted by thousands of Marylanders asking how they can help the children who have been cruelly torn apart from their families at our southern border due to President Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy. Your outpouring of support for these children has been heartening during this dark episode. Thank you for all your phone calls, letters and emails – thank you for being a voice of reason, compassion and humanity. I stand with you in fighting to reunify these families immediately, and will work to ensure that this abhorrent policy is never implemented again.
While government agencies are barred from directing donations to individual children, parents or families, there is still much you can do.
- Make sure you have contacted your entire congressional delegation.
- World Relief
- Lutheran Immigration Refugee Services (LIRS)
- Maryland Office for Refugees and Asylees
- CASA of Maryland
- Find other local groups here
- The Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project
- RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education & Legal Services)
- South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Representation Project
- Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley