Senior residents are encouraged to sign up for the Maryland Department of Aging’s Senior Call Check program, which is a free service for those 65 years and older through which you can receive updates regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and information about where to find support. The verification and enrollment process can be completed within 24 hours Monday – Saturday.
- You can read more about the program here.
- Senior Call Check phone lines are open M-F 8 am-5 pm and Saturday 9 am-3 pm. During these hours, seniors can call toll-free 1-866-50-CHECK (1-866-502-0560) and register.
- Registration is also available online, click here.
Because older adults are more likely to experience severe illness if infected by COVID-19, it is even more important that they stay at home as much as possible. That is why Congress provided $250 million for food for home-bound low-income seniors.
- Click here to learn about Meals on Wheels, a non-profit organization that brings nutritious meals to seniors.
- Additionally, here is a list of services that can deliver groceries directly to your home.
- December 18, 2020
- October 22, 2020
- October 20, 2020
- October 16, 2020
- September 30, 2020
- September 25, 2020
- September 15, 2020