State and Local Support
State and local governments are on the frontlines of this crisis. Federal funding is essential to supporting their efforts to respond to the health and economic consequences the COVID-19 outbreak has presented.
Team Maryland is united to in the fight to ensure our individuals, families, workers, and small businesses in our state get the relief they need to weather this storm. This is why I have worked alongside the Congressional Delegation to secure funds for our local health departments, housing assistance efforts, community health centers and more for Maryland, while supporting state and local requests for disaster relief funds, testing sites and medical equipment for hospitals and health care workers.
Below you will find a guide that break downs of funding for Maryland and actions taken to enhance resources for our state. You can download the full guide here.
I look forward to the announcement of additional awards to Maryland state and local governments in the days and weeks to come.
- Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund (PHSSEF)
- CDC’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA) Disaster Relief Fund
- Byrne Justice Assistance Grants (Byrne-JAG)
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG)
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Child Care Development Block Grant (CCDBG)
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Low Income Heat and Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Emergency Election Grants
- Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund and Governor’s Emergency Education Relief Fund
- Higher Education Relief Fund
- August 03, 2020
- August 03, 2020
- July 22, 2020
- June 30, 2020
- June 29, 2020
- May 19, 2020
- May 11, 2020